A VIP package that totals to almost $800 for this year's Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas is chump change compared to another event's gargantuan travel bundle. Iceland's Secret Solstice Festival is offering a one-off ticket that is set to make its lucky buyer's festival dream come true - complete with a private jet, a helicopter ride from the Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik, and a private performance held on a lava field. Intrigued? Fork up $1 million USD, and the one-of-a-kind experience is all yours.
The price tag of $1 million indeed positions itself as somewhat of a steal when reading through its lengthy list of perks, including: a return flight in a private business jet from anywhere on the planet for you and five other guests; 24/7 access to two private luxury cars (with drivers and security) for a week in Iceland; two private concerts by prominent Icelandic musicians; helicopter transfers; complete access to the main Secret Solstice 2016 event; a private aerial tour of Iceland; access to the world’s first concert inside the dormant magma chamber of a volcano; access to the world’s only party inside a glacier; and private access to Iceland’s world-famous Blue Lagoon, reserved for only your travel party; and loads more, listed below. Only one ticket of this type will be sold.
Secret Solstice, taking place June 16-19 in Reykjavik, made the news last year as their $200,000 VIP package-for-two broke records as the world's most expensive music festival ticket. Clearly, the event organizers have been intent on outdoing themselves; as such, they've broken their own record. General admission tickets begin at the much more modest price of $202 USD, a bargain in contrast to the rising prices of music festival tickets in the US.
Radiohead, Deftones, and Die Antwoord lead a hefty roster of world-class artists. Art Department, Jamie Jones, Afrika Bambaataa, Slow Magic, and more will carry audiences throughout the four-day fete. Iceland's proximity to the Arctic Circle can only lead to a mystical and magnificent time beneath the "midnight sun," a radiant period of the Northern Hemisphere's summer season, in which the sun shines bright as ever during midnight hours.
Perks of Secret Solstice's million-dollar ticket are as follows:
- Private chartered business jet (Gulfstream G300 or similar) return to Iceland from any destination on Earth for 6 people
- 24/7 access to two luxury cars, personal drivers, and private security for the entire week in Iceland
- Luxury 6-room villa for 7 nights in the center of Reykjavík over the Secret Solstice 2016 festival week
- Exclusive admittance to Secret Solstice 2016, including chaperoned access to off-limits areas of the festival site where possible
- Access to the sold-out "Secret Solstice presents Inside the Volcano" event, the world’s first concert inside a volcano over the Secret Solstice 2016 weekend, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Private viewing areas for all major acts at Secret Solstice 2016, where possible
- Access to the private VIP artists bar on the festival site, only accessible by main stage artists and super-VIP guests
- The world famous Blue Lagoon reserved privately for an evening for the ticket purchasers and their invited guests, plus helicopter transfers for the ticketholders to the Blue Lagoon from Reykjavík
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Glacier event, the world’s only event inside Langjökull glacier, including. helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to the Secret Lagoon party in a 120+ year-old geothermal lagoon (Iceland’s oldest), including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to Secret Solstice 2016’s Midnight Sun Boat Party
- Private concert outside Reykjavík by prominent Icelandic act in a lava field, including helicopter transfers to the location
- Private show at the guests' holiday residence in Iceland by prominent Icelandic act
- Private half-day Icelandic nature helicopter tour, to experience Iceland’s incredible natural sights from the air, with champagne lunch at a geothermal hotspot
- Personal engraved and framed memorial ticket for each guest, made from Icelandic lava rock
- 24/7 access to personal assistants during your stay in Iceland
- Private Icelandic dining experience with a prominent Icelandic chef personal chef at your holiday residence on a chosen night during your stay
- Private Icelandic food experiences on site at Secret Solstice 2016 on request
- Introductions where possible to Secret Solstice 2016 artists
- All food/drinks at Secret Solstice 2016, including hyper-premium drinks
- Private whale & dolphin watching tour
- Private airplane day tour over Iceland’s south coast, including Vatnajökull glacier and the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Midnight sun glacier walk on top of a glacier in Iceland with the sun still up after midnight, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík, and a private glacier snowmobile experience
- Private tours of any additional Icelandic tourist experiences where possible, with time permitting
- More to be announced soon
Follow Secret Solstice: Website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.