As music’s biggest night prepares to rock our world on the 56th Grammy Awards, the music industry’s hottest players are plotting the best live performances that the business has to offer. These esteemed celebs are prepping their vocal cords and tuning their instruments for music’s biggest night, but let’s not forget that the Grammy’s aren’t all about the music, they are also one of the biggest nights in fashion. The Grammy’s are the perfect time for artists to express themselves and bring out the color, sparkle, studs and take some major risks on the red carpet. Some of these celebrities were risky in successful ways and others were not exactly getting looks of approval from the fashion police.
Many ladies proved that all that glitters is gold at the 2014 Grammy Awards. There were many spectacular looks to choose from on this red carpet but here is a mix of the culture of the Grammy Awards in the top 5 looks of the night.
5. The British and fabulous Rita Ora (left) dressed in Lanvin, sparkles on the arm of DJ/producer Calvin Harris. This daring long sleeved knee length dress sparkles and reflects green and purple specs in the light. This look is non-traditional but speaks to the funky flavor the Grammy’s allow artists to play with.
4. This awards season is filled with budding baby bumps. Ciara (right) certainly stuns and is absolutely glowing from head to toe in her maternity style dress showing her baby bump in a bronzy gold Emilio Pucci gown.
3. P!nk (left), the lady in red started the night off right in this stunning Johanna Johnson gown. This curve hugging dress was the combination of class and sass and Pink nailed it. Later on in the night she went on to show off her gymnastics skills in her performance with band, Fun, showing us that she is multitalented and has the ability to work it on the stage (or in the air on silks in her case) as well as the red carpet.
2. Grammy nominated for Album of the Year “Red”, Taylor Swift arrives at the red carpet in a show-stopping Gucci gown. Swift is looking edgy in this short-sleeved chain mail floor length gown that complements her flawless skin tone and slender figure.
1. Katy Perry (left) showed up to the Grammy’s in a Valentino white and whimsical musical note clad gown. This dress proves to be a classic Katy Perry look including both a beautiful silhouette with a little humor added to the mix. The “Roar” singer was not holding anything back this year with her album Prism as well as her memorable red carpet look.
Honorable Mention: I couldn’t help but mention one other duo that belongs in this category. Two of the best-dressed men on the carpet last night were Ryan Lewis and Macklemore (right). These two clearly let their personalities shine through with their looks of choice, not only did they go home with awards but their looks win our sign of approval.
These celebs didn’t quite shock us in the best way on the red carpet last night. To put it simply, we love them, but we hate what they are wearing.
5. Paris Hilton (left) shows us the definition of a party in the back (of her dress that is) in this Haus of Milani white long sleeved gown. This sheer barely there dress is far from sheer perfection.
4. Pharrell? (right) or do I have him confused with a park ranger. Well aside from the obvious creature that landed on top his head this look does not suffice for the Grammy nominated artist. This Vivienne Westwood hat does not compliment his casual look of jeans paired with a red leather track style jacket. Let’s just say we don’t think he’ll be getting lucky tonight.
3. I mean this is a shocker; Cee-Lo is on our worst dressed list. Cee-Lo Green (left) arrived last night matching his daughter in an all white frock. Did he roll out of bed in his silky pajamas you ask? Well it sure looks like it. Cee-Lo, take this outfit back to the bedroom and retire it there where it belongs.
2. Electronic artist Nadeea Volianova (right) is not getting our attention for the right reasons with this blue high low dress accompanied by lace up heels. Sorry Nadeea you were not shinning last night.
1. Robin Thicke’s wife, Paula Patton, proves to be as wild as her husband in this zebra inspired gown. This gown topped off with two animal heads bordering her cleavage, isn’t exactly getting the roar that Katy Perry would support.